10.27.2008


In my home university, most business classes on summer/winter session are given lessons on-line and most of classes have a group assignment so I familiar with virtual team (Even though I couldn’t realize that I participated in virtual team at that time, I’m convinced of virtual team when I read article). Student by themselves made a community to do their assignment that they post their materials and opinions and they discuss about the subject through messenger.

I think virtual team is more convenient than face-to-face work in aspect of physical. You can save the time because you don’t have to go to meeting place in person. You just need laptop and cable for Internet! And you can write your opinion on community whenever you want to do. In addition, you feel more comfortable to express your thought (I think it’s is the best advantage of virtual team because I often feel a difficulty to talk about my thought to others watching their eyes). You don’t have to meet them in person so you can more freely to participate in discuss their thought through internet. If virtual team applies for business meeting, it will be effective way to improve employees’ ability more creatively for discussing group meeting.

When I did group assignment with virtual team, our group was just 3 people including me but one person didn’t participate in doing assignment at all. In the end, my friend and I were compelled to write a 30 pages paper without the help of him and we got A+ on the paper with him. At that time, I was very angry the fact which he got the same grade with my friend and me without doing lift a hand.

From my experience, therefore, it’s important to make plan accurately such as allotting a part of assignment and setting their participation and each person have to have a responsibility to do work together through on-line. Trust and responsibility are most important element to success in their virtual team.

2 comments:

Song said...

I felt sorry about that you had a bad memory about group project Min.
I think the examle you gave to us is the failure of the virtual team so I agree with you that we should have a responsibility when act as a member of virtual team. I really enjoyed your writing :)

Unknown said...

Well, free riders are always problems. It could happen to group projects at universities. It annoyed me a lot, but I guess when we work for a company, it would not happen. Because we will have more responsibilities in the company compared to group projects at universities.